- Stand at the base of Mt Everest in awe of its majesty and size. Witness the sun setting over Everest from Kalapatthar, known as the Everest viewpoint.
- Fly into the high altitude Hilary Tenzing Airport at Lukla, an experience in itself.
- Visit Sherpa villages with their Tibetan-like peoples and yak herders.
- Be stunned by the chilling beauty of the Khumbu Glacier and Khumbu Icefalls.
- Pass through Sagarmatha National Park with its unique flora and fauna.
At a glance
Mardi Himal is a challenging and beautiful 4-day trek in the Annapurna region that offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan mountain range. It’s a lesser-known route compared to the famous Everest Base Camp trek or Annapurna Circuit trek.
We started the Mardi Himal trek in Ghandruk after finishing the Poon Hill trek. Like on most trekking routes inside the Annapurna Sanctuary you have several options where to start and to finish the trek. Most people we met on the trek did the Poon Hill or Annapurna Base Camp trek before the Mardi Himal it seems quite popular to combine the route with one of the other treks in the sanctuary.
Mardi Himal used to be the lesser-known trek in Annapurna Sanctuary to see quite a lot of people hiking this route was a bit of a surprise for us. There are still fewer people on this route than on the Poon Hill, Annapurna Base Camp, or Annapurna Circuit but it’s definitely not as off the beaten trek as it used to be.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Descend to Base Camp
Descend to Base Camp
Book this tour
|-||On Request||Available||Any Date||Book Now|